Vegan Split Pea Soup garnished with ginger and maple roasted Brussels sprouts and carrots, crushed red pepper, black peper, fresh mint and a drizzle of olive oil.
Vegan Split Pea Soup Recipe
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 50 mins
Yield: 8-10 servings
1. Start by rinsing 1 lb of split peas several times then putting in a pot with water to cover plus 3 inches above and bring to a boil
2. Sauté 4 cloves garlic and one onion chopped fine in 2tsp olive oil until browning
3. Add 4 stalks celery chopped fine, 4 carrots peeled and chopped and the bottom half of a butternut squash peeled, deseeded and chopped. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 10-15 minutes until all veggies have some color
4. Add veggies to pot with split peas then add 1 Tbsp ground turmeric, 1 tsp smoked paprika and 1tsp salt and bring to a boil then simmer stirring often about 20 minutes more until peas turn into this silky soft consistency.
5. Lastly add in 1/4 cup frozen peas and 1 cup baby spinach to hot soup and stir in. Top with crushed pepper, herbs, black pepper and
MAPLE GINGER CARROTS AND BRUSSELS SPROUTS RECIPE
In an oven safe sauté pan fry 1 clove chopped garlic and 1 tbsp fresh ginger until fragrant then add in halved brussels and carrots plus a sprinkle of salt and pepper
Then throw the pan in the oven at 425 for 20 mins tossing once halfway and adding 1tbsp drizzled maple syrup and 1 tsp soy sauce for 5 additional minutes at the end of cooking
Enjoy! If you make this recipe please share with Sara and VeganZine on Instagram with #VeganZineBoston.
Sara Tercero is the Better Food Guru!
You can find more of her recipes and content here.