Chile Verde Jackfruit and Garbanzos
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 15 min in instantpot or 25 mins stovetop
Yield: 5 servings
Ingredients: 1 can young jackfruit drained and shredded with fingers, 1 can garbanzo beans drained, 3 cloves garlic chopped, 1 onion small dice, 6 tomatillos peeled, 1/2 bunch cilantro, 2 hatch chiles, salt to taste
- Saute garlic and onion in instapot on medium or in big pot on stove until fragrant and browning 3-5 min
- Add 1 hatch chile rustic chop and shredded jackfruit and salt lightly, cook for 2 minutes
- Blend tomatillos, 1 hatch chile and the bottom stems of the cilantro with 1/4 cup water and a pinch of salt in high speed blender until smooth then add to instapot or regular pot
- Add garbanzos and another pinch of salt. If using Instapot- pressure cook for 7 minutes. If using a pot bring to a boil and then simmer for 15 minutes stirring occasionally
- Taste for salt, add more roughly chopped cilantro and serve with rice or tortilla
Enjoy! If you make this recipe please share with Sara and VeganZine on Instagram with #VeganZineBoston.
Sara Tercero is the Better Food Guru!
You can find more of her recipes and content here.